Organization: The College of Forestry, Beijing Forestry University
Address: No.35 Tsinghua East Road Haidian District, Beijing, P.R.China
Phone: 86-10-62338133 (Office)
Educational background and Professional Experience
B.Sc., Sept 2000-June 2004, Cartography and Geography Information System, Lanzhou University
M.Sc., Sept 2004-June 2007, Hydrology and Water Resources Engineering, Lanzhou University
Ph.D., Sept 2007-June 2012, Quantitative Remote Sensing, Beijing Normal University
Title of Ph.D. dissertation- Estimation of surface shortwave radiation components under all sky conditions over Tibetan Plateau from polar orbiting and geostationary satellite data
Supervisor- Guangjian Yan (Beijing Normal University)
Visiting Scholar, Aug. 2017- Aug. 2018, Department of Earth and Environment, Boston University
Supervisor- Ranga Myneni (Boston University)
Assistant professor from July 2012 in the College of Forestry of Beijing Forestry University
l - Identification of tree species and estimation of forest structures using VHR images
l - Characterization of anisotropic behavior of forest using VHR images and 3D RT model
l - Estimation of surface solar radiation under all sky conditions
Dr. Chen has established a forest observational network of Chinese fir forests in Southeastern China.
Hosting financial supports
National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant No. 31570617, 2016-2019, main participant)
National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant No. 41571332, 2016-2019, main participant)
National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant No. 41301357, 2014-2016, director)
The Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities' project (Grant No. TD2013-1, 2013-2015, co-director)
Beijing Forestry University Young Scientist Fund project (Grant No. BLX2012033, 2012-2014, director)
Publications from 2010
1 Chen, L.; Mei, G.; Yan, K.; Hao, W.; Yu, X. Species Discrimination of Plantations in Subtropical China Using 4-Band VHR Imagery and an Operational Image Analysis Framework. IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Applied Earth Observations and Remote Sensing, 2018, 11(8), 2800 - 2813.
2. Mei, G.; Chen, L. ;Cao, Y.; Sun Y.; Wang, M. Retrieving the basal area of Cunninghamia lanceolata based on GIS geometric calculations, Journal of Nanjing Forestry University (Nat. Sci. Ed) 2017, 02, 198-202 (in Chinese with English abstract).
3. Yan, G.; Wang, T.; Jiao, Z.; Mu, X.; Zhao, J.; Chen, L. Topographic radiation modeling and spatial scaling of clear-sky land surface longwave radiation over rugged terrain. Remote Sensing of Environment 2016, 172, 15-27.
4. Yan, G.; Hu, R.; Wang, Y.; Ren, H.; Song, W.; Qi, J.; Chen, L. Scale effect in indirect measurement of leaf area index. IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing 2016, 54, 3475-3484.
5. Chen, L.; Yan, G.; Ren, H.; Wang, T. A simple fusion algorithm of polar-orbiting and geostationary satellite data for the estimation of surface shortwave fluxes, IEEE International Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium (IGARSS) 2016, 2657-2660.
6. Hao, W.; Chen, L.; Mei, G. Effects of slope aspect on diameter distribution of Chinese fir (Cunninghamia Ianceolata) plantations, Journal of Northwest A&F University (Nat. Sci. Ed) 2016, 44, 61-69 (in Chinese with English abstract).
7. Lin, Q.; Huang, H.; Chen, L.; Yu, L.; Huang, K. Simulation of needle reflectance spectrum and sensitivity analysis of biochemical parameters of Pinus Yunnanensis in different healthy status, Spectroscopy and Spectral Analysis 2016, 36, 2538-2545 (in Chinese with English abstract).
8. Chen L.; Hao W.; Gao D. The latest applications of optical image texture in forestry, Journal of Beijing Forestry University 2015, 37, 1-12 (in Chinese with English abstract).
9. Jiao, Z.; Yan, G.; Zhao, J.; Wang, T.; Chen, L. Estimation of surface upward longwave radiation from MODIS and VIIRS clear-sky data in the Tibetan Plateau. Remote Sensing of Environment 2015, 162, 221-237.
10. Chen, L.; Yan, G.; Wang, T. Shortwave radiative transfer modeling at large scale for partial cloudy conditions, IEEE International Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium (IGARSS) 2015, 1578-1581.
11. Zou, J.; Yan, G.; Chen, L. Estimation of Canopy and Woody Components Clumping Indices at Three Mature Picea crassifolia Forest Stands. IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Applied Earth Observations and Remote Sensing 2015, 8, 1413-1422.
12. Wang, T.; Yan, G.; Shi, J.; Mu, X.; Chen, L.; Ren, H.; Jiao Z.; Zhao J. Topographic correction of retrieved surface shortwave radiative fluxes from space under clear-sky conditions, IEEE International Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium (IGARSS), 2014, 1813-1816.
13. Chen, L.; Yan, G.; Wang, T.; Ren, H.; Calbó, J.; Zhao, J.; McKenzie, R. Estimation of surface shortwave radiation components under all sky conditions: Modeling and sensitivity analysis. Remote Sensing of Environment 2012, 123, 457-469.
14. Li, A.; Bo, Y.; Chen, L. Bayesian maximum entropy data fusion of field-observed leaf area index (LAI) and Landsat Enhanced Thematic Mapper Plus-derived LAI. International Journal of Remote Sensing 2012, 34, 227-246.
15. Wang, T.; Yan, G.; Chen, L. Consistent retrieval methods to estimate land surface shortwave and longwave radiative flux components under clear-sky conditions. Remote Sensing of Environment 2012, 124, 61-71.
16. Ren, H.; Yan, G.; Chen, L.; Li, Z. Angular effect of MODIS emissivity products and its application to the split-window algorithm. ISPRS Journal of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing 2011, 66, 498-507.
17. Wang, T.; Yan, G.; Mu, X.; Chen, L. Clear sky Net Surface Radiative Fluxes over rugged terrain from satellite measurements, IEEE International Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium (IGARSS) 2011, 4265-4268.
18. Chen, L.; Yan, G.; Ren, H.; Li, A. A modified vegetation index based algorithm for thermal imagery sharpening, IEEE International Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium (IGARSS), 2010, 2444-2447.