Xihan Mu, assistant professor,
1. Basic information:
Name: MU Xihan
Academic degree： Ph.D.
Phone: (+86) 10 58802041
Address: 100875 School of Geography, Beijing Normal University
Mu Xihan is currently an assistant professor in School of Geography, Beijing Normal University and a visiting scientist in CSIRO Land and Water, Australia.
He received B.S. degree in computer science and technology fromCollegeofInformation Scienceand Technology,Beijing Normal University,China, in 1999,
received Ph.D. degree in remote sensing fromSchoolofGeography,Beijing Normal University,China, in 2009,
and studied as a visiting student in Laboratoire des Sciences de l'Images, de l'Informatique et de la Télédétection, Louis Pasteur University, France, in 2007.
3. Research interests：
multi-angle remote sensing technique to retrieve terrestrial vegetation parameters such as leaf area index and fractional vegetation cover, modeling of radiative transfer in vegetation canopy and field measurement based on Unmanned Automatic Vehicle
Attended National Basic Research Program of China, National High Technology Research and Development Program of China, Seventh Framework Program (EU), etc.
(1) Yan, G., Wang, T., Jiao, Z., Mu, X., Zhao, J., & Chen, L., 2016, Topographic radiation modeling and spatial scaling of clear-sky land surface longwave radiation over rugged terrain. Remote Sensing of Environment, 172, 15-27.
(2) Xihan Mu, Maogui Hu, Wanjuan Song, Gaiyan Ruan, Yong Ge, Jinfeng Wang, Shuai Huang and Guangjian Yan, 2015, Evaluation of Sampling Methods for Validation of Remotely Sensed Fractional Vegetation Cover, Remote Sens., 7(12), 16164-16182; doi:10.3390/rs71215817
(3) Yelu Zeng, Jing Li, Qinghuo Liu, Ronghai Hu, Xihan Mu, Weiliang Fan, Baodong Xu, Gaofei Yin, Shengbiao Wu, 2015, Extracting Leaf Area Index by Sunlit Foliage Component from Downward-Looking Digital Photography under Clear-Sky Conditions. Remote Sens. 7, 13410-13435.
(4) Wanjuan Song, Xihan Mu*, Guangjian Yan and Shuai Huang, 2015, Extracting the Green Fractional Vegetation Cover from Digital Images Using a Shadow-Resistant Algorithm (SHAR-LABFVC), Remote Sensing, 7, 10425-10443. DOI:10.3390/rs70810425.
(5) X. Mu, S. Huang, H. Ren, G. Yan, W. Song, G. Ruan, 2014, Validating GEOV1 Fractional Vegetation Cover Derived From Coarse-resolution Remote Sensing Images Over Croplands, IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Applied Earth Observations and Remote Sensing, Volume: 7, Issue: 8. DOI: 10.1109/JSTARS.2014.2342257
(6) Ronghai Hu, Guangjian Yan, Xihan Mu, Jinghui Luo, 2014, Indirect measurement of leaf area index on the basis of path length distribution, Remote Sensing of Environment. (in press)
(7) Huazhong Ren, Guangjian Yan, Rongyuan Liu, Ronghai Hu, Tianxing Wang, Xihan Mu, 2012, Spectral recalibration for in-flight broadband sensor using manmade ground targets, IEEE Trans. Geosci. Remote Sens., 51(7), 4316 - 4329.
(8) Xihan Mu, Qingfeng Shen, Zhao-Liang Li, Guangjian Yan, José Antonio Sobrino, 2011, Comparison of different optimization algorithms for retrieving aerosol optical depth from satellite data: an example of using dual-angle algorithm, International Journal of Remote Sensing, 32(24),8949-8968.
(9) Yaokai Liu, Xihan Mu, Haoxing Wang, Guangjian Yan, 2012, A novel method for extracting green fractional vegetation cover from digital images, Journal of Vegetation Science, 23,406-418.
(10) Tianxing Wang, Guangjian Yan, Huazhong Ren, Xihan Mu，Improved Methods for Spectral Calibration of On-orbit Imaging Spectrometers，IEEE Trans. Geosci. Remote Sens., 2010.
(11) Xihan Mu, Guangjian Yan, Zhao-Liang Li,2008, Uncertainty and sensitivity ratio of parameters in estimating and promoting retrieval accuracy, International Journal of Remote Sensing, Volume 29, Issue 17 & 18, pages 4891 – 4905.(SCI)
(12) Guangjian Yan, Xihan Mu, Yinchi Ma, Zhao-Liang Li,2008, A strategy to integrate a priori knowledge for an improved inversion of the LAI from BRDF modeling, International Journal of Remote Sensing, Volume 29, Issue 17 & 18, pages 4927 – 4941. (SCI)
(13) Huang, W., Wang, J., Mu, X., Wang, J., Liu, L., Liu, Q., Niu, Z., 2007, Crop geometry identification based on inversion of semi-empirical BRDF models, Spectroscopy and Spectral Analysis, 27(10):1921-4.
(14) Yingjie Yu, Xihan Mu,Qiang Liu, Zhigang Liu,Yuanyuan Wang and Guangjian Yan，Kernel Based Simplification of Canopy Reflectance Model Using Partial Least Square Regression，Proceedings of SPIE – Vol. 6752, 675214，Geoinformatics 2007: Remotely Sensed Data and Information.
(15) Xiaoyan Yang, Xihan Mu, Dongwei Wang, Zhao-Liang Li, Wuming Zhang and Guangjian Yan, Retrieval of LAI by assimilating remotely sensed data into a simple crop growth model, Proceedings of SPIE – Volume 6752, 67521O，Geoinformatics 2007: Remotely Sensed Data and Information.