Guangjian Yan, Professor, Ph.D.Supervisor
State Key Laboratory of Remote Sensing Science,
School ofGeography, Beijing Normal University, 100875, China
Multiangular Remote Sensing
Thermal Remote Sensing
Remote Sensing Inversion
Scale Effects in Remote Sensing
07/2005 - Present, Professor, State Key Laboratory of Remote Sensing Science,School of Geography, Beijing Normal University
07/2001 – 06/2005, Associate Professor,Research Center for Remote Sensing and GIS, Beijing Normal University.
08/1999 – 06/2001, Postdoctoral Research Associate, Beijing Normal University.
06/1998 – 12/1998, Visiting Scholar, Department of Geography, Boston University
04/1999 – 08/1999, Ph.D., Remote Sensing and GIS: Institute of Remote Sensing and Application, Chinese Academy of Science
09/1993 – 03/1996, M.Sc., Optics: Beijing Institute of Technology,
09/1989 – 07/1993, B.Sc., Optics: Beijing Institute of Technology
“Airborne Multiangular and Multispectral Imaging Technique and Its Application in Power System”,China Power Sciences and Technology Award (Grade B), 2006.
“Airborne Multiangular Imaging Power Line Inspection System”, Awards of Hubei Province for Science and Technology progress(Grade C), 2006.
“Modeling Directional Effects from Nonisothermal Land Surfaces in Wide Band Thermal Infrared Measurements”, Award for Excellent Achievements by Beijing Normal University, 2002.
“Basic Theory of Quantitative Remote Sensing”, Chinese Universities' Science and Technology Prize (Grade A), 2001.
Recent Sponsored Research
“Modeling of directional thermal emission from rugged terrain and component temperature retrieval”(01/2009 – 12/2011), Principal Investigator. Funded by National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant No. 40871164).
“Quantitative remote sensing description and scaling of land surface variables”, Work Package 2 of 973 program“Active and passive remote sensing synthetic inversion theorem and method for land surface ecological and environmental key parameters”(07/2007 – 08/2011)，Principal Investigator. Special Funds for Major State Basic Research Project(Grant No. 2007CB714402).
“Scale effects and correction of vegetation gap estimation using multidirectional remote sensing images”, Program for New Century Excellent Talents in University, China, Principal Investigator, 2006.1-2008.12。
“The application of airborne multiangular multispectral imaging technique in power line inspection” (05/2003 – 06/2005), Co-Investigator. Funded by National High Technology Research and Development Program (Grant No. 2003AA134040).
“Airborne multiangular multispectral technique”(01/2002 – 12/2003), Principal Investigator. Funded by National High Technology Research and Development Program (Grant No. 2001AA131030).
“Canopy component temperatures retrieval using AATSR and SPECTRA”(01/2005 – 12/2007), Principal Investigator. Funded by National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant No. 40471095).
“Land surface component temperatures retrieval using ATSR-2 data”(01/2002 – 12/2004), Principal Investigator. Funded by National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant No. 40101020).
“Histogram scaling functions”(01/2003 – 12/2004), Principal Investigator. Funded by the Excellent Young Teachers Program of MOE.
Guangjian Yan has published more than 100 papers. 20 selected papers are listed as follows:
(1) Di Shi, Guangjian Yan, Xihan Mu, Optical remote sensing image apparent radiance topographic correction physical model, Journal of Remote Sensing, 2009, 13(6): 1030-1038.
(2) Jie Zou, Guangjian Yan, Lin Zhu and Wuming Zhang, Woody-to-total area ratio determination with a multispectral canopy imager (MCI), Tree Physiology, 2009; doi: 10.1093/treephys/tpp042.
(3) Ling Chen, Guangjian Yan, Jing Li and Yingjie Yu，Footprint uncertainty analysis for ground-based multiangular measurement of row crops，Advances in Earth Sciences, 2009，24（7）：793-802. (in Chinese)
(4) Guoting Kang, Guangjian Yan, Huazhong Ren, Haoxing Wang, Yonggang qian, Comparison of different ground-based radiative temperature measurement methods at the field patch scale, Advances in Earth Sciences, 2009，24（7）：784-792.(in Chinese)
(5) Yonggang Qian, Guangjian Yan, Sibo Duan and Xiangsheng Kong, A Contextual Fire Detection Algorithm for Simulated HJ-1B Imagery, Sensors, 2009, 9(2), 961-979; doi:10.3390/s90200961.
(6) Sbo Duan, Guangjian Yan, YOnggang Qian, Zhao-liang Li, Xiaoguang Jiang, Xiaowen Li, Two single channel algorithms of LST inversion using simulated HJ-1B data, Progress in Natural Science, 18(9): 1001-1008, 2008. (in Chinese)
(7) Guangjian Yan, Xihan Mu, Yinchi Ma, and Zhao-Liang Li, A Strategy to Integrate A Priori Knowledge for An Improved Inversion of the LAI from BRDF Modelling, Int. J. Remote Sensing, 29(17): 4927 - 4941, 2008.
(8) Xihan Mu, Guangjian Yan, and Zhao-Liang Li, Uncertainty and sensitivity ratio of parameters in estimating and promoting retrieval accuracy, Int. J. Remote Sensing, 29(17): 4891 - 4905, 2008.
(9) Guangjian Yan, Guoqing Zhou, Chaoyang Li, Wuming Zhang, Xiaowen Li, Automatic extraction of power lines from aerial images, IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Letters, 4(3):387-391,2007.
(10) Xiaoyu Zhang, Guangjian Yan, Qiaozhi Li, Zhao-Liang Li, Huawei Wan, Evaluating the fraction of vegetation cover based on NDVI spatial scale correction model, Int. J. Remote Sensing, 27(24), 5359–5372. 2006.
(11) He LM, Yan GJ, Li XW, Wang Q, Wang WJ, Atmospheric correction for AMTIS single-channel multi-angular thermal-infrared imagery, Journal of Infrared and Millimeter Waves, 25(6): 429-433, 2006.
(12) Jun Qin, Guangjian Yan, Shaomin Liu, Shunlin Liang, Hao Zhang, Jindi Wang， Xiaowen Li, Application of ensemble kalman filter to geophysical parameters retrieval in remote sensing: A case study of kernel-driven BRDF model inversion，Science in China（Series D），49(6): 632- 640, 2006.
(13) Yanjuan Yao, Guangjian Yan, Jindiwang, The approach on leaf area index inversion using multiangular and multispectral data sets, Journal of Remote Sensing, 9(2): 117~122，2005.(in Chinese)
(14) Yan, G., L. Jian, J. Wang, L. Chen, X. Li, Thermal bi-directional gap probability model for row crop canopies and validation, Science in China,(Series D), 46(12):1241-1249, 2003.
(15) Yan, G., J. Wu, J. Wang, C. Zhu, Spectral prior knowledge and its use in the remote sensing based inversion of vegetation structure, Journal of Remote Sensing, 6(1): 1-6，2002.(in Chinese)
(16) Yan, G., C. Zhu, J. Wang, X. Li, An extension of augmented lagrange multipliere method for remote sensing inversion, Journal of Remote Sensing, 6(2): 81-87，2002.(in Chinese)
(17) He, L., G. Yan., J. Wang, X. Li, Retrieval of land surface component temperatures using ATSR-2 data, Journal of Remote Sensing, 6(3): 161-167，2002.(in Chinese)
(18) Yan, G., M. Friedl, X. Li, J. Wang, C. Zhu, A. H. Strahler, Modeling Directional Effects from Nonisothermal Land Surfaces in Wide Band Thermal Infrared Measurements, IEEE Trans. Geosci. Remote Sens., 39(5): 1095-1099, 2001.
(19) Yan, G., C. Zhu, J. Guo, J. Wang, X. Li, A model based radiative transfer algorithm to correct remotely sensed image in mountainous area, Journal of Image and Graphics, 5(A-1): 11-15, 2000. (in Chinese)
(20) Li，X., G. Yan, Y. Liu, J. Wang, C. Zhu, Uncertainty and Sensitivity Matrix of Parameters in Inversion of Physical BRDF Models, J. Remote Sensing 1 (Suppl.): 113-122, 1997.